SECTION 001119 ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID
Project: Winona County Office Building Remodel
202 West 3rd St.
Winona, MN 55987
Owner: Winona County 202 West 3rd St. Winona, MN 55987
Architect: BKV Group Inc.
222 North Second Street Minneapolis, MN 55401
BKV Project No: 1544.02
Winona County is soliciting sealed bids for a General Construction Contract including general, mechanical, and electrical work in accordance with bidding documents prepared by BKV Group, for renovations to the Winona County Office Building located at 202 West 3rd St. in Winona, MN.
A. Instructions to Bidders: Refer to Document 002113 - Instructions to Bidders and also Document 002213 - Supplementary Instructions to Bidders.
B. Description of Work: Work involves demolition of existing gyp board walls, demolition of flooring and ceilings, and replacement of same within existing office areas and lobbies. Limited mechanical and electrical changes as described in the project documents to support the revised layouts. Construction will occur within an occupied public building and some partitions to separate areas of work from public may be necessary. The Project is summarized in greater detail in Section 011000 - Summary.
C. Type of Bid: Bids shall be submitted on the basis of a stipulated sum, include a separate price for each alternate. Other types of bids will not be accepted.
D. Completion of the Work: 140 calendar days from the date of award of the contract.
E. Completion of the Work: Bidders are required to state the number of days required to achieve Substantial Completion of the Work. Consideration will be given to the stated time of completion when reviewing Bids submitted.
F. Completion of the Work: The Owner requires Substantial Completion of the Work on or before 10/18/2019.
G. Pre-bid Conference: A pre-bid meeting will take place at the Winona County Office Building on 4/9/2019 at 10:30am. Attendance by primary bidders is mandatory.
H. Bid Opening: The Owner will receive sealed bids until 2:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on 04/25/2019 at the Owner’s address above Attn. Ken Fritz, County Administrator. Bids received after this time will not be accepted. Bids will be opened and publicly read aloud at 2:00 p.m., in the County Board Room, Winona County Government Center, 177 Main Street, Winona, MN.
I. Bidding Documents: Bid documents prepared by BKV Group, Inc. (Project No. 1544.02 will be available on 03/29/2019.
1. General Contractors will be provided electronic bid documents from BKV Group Inc.
2. Copies of Bidding Documents may be obtained from CES Imaging – Contact: Don Wold. Address is: 1701 James Circle N, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430, phone (800) 831-8587 or (763) 560-9098, fax (763) 560-1399, in one of the following ways:
a. Hard copy: Upon receipt of a non-refundable check in the amount of Eighty-Five dollars ($85.00) made payable to CES. Documents requested to be delivered by mail or UPS will be sent upon receipt of the initial fee and an additional fee of Thirty dollars ($30.00) per plan set payable to CES to cover shipping and handling. (Total cost for one hard copy set with shipping is $115.00.)
3. Electronic copy: Electronic copies may be downloaded from QuestCDN.com, Quest Project No. 4869693, for a $20.00 nonrefundable fee.
4. Subcontractors and vendors should contact invited bidders with requests for copies of bidding documents.
5. Basic Refund Requirements: Bidders shall return complete sets of plans and project manual in good condition (complete and without excessive or permanent markings) to Architect to receive full refund of plan deposit.
6. Time Limit on Use of Plans and Project Manual: Bidder must return documents within 10 calendar days after bid opening. Should bid award be delayed, or if for some other reason the bidder will not be returning plans within time limit specified, bidder must notify the Architect and obtain approval for delaying return of plans.
7. No Refunds Allowed: Other than bidders and bidders who do not bid and who return the plans within the allotted time. Deposit for plans returned after the allotted time will be forfeited.
J. Bidding documents may be examined at the office of the Architect and at the following locations:
1. Minneapolis Builders Exchange, Minneapolis, MN
2. McGraw Hill - Dodge Plan Room, Minneapolis, MN
3. Albert Lea Builders Exchange, Albert Lea, MN
4. St. Cloud Builders Exchange, St. Cloud, MN
5. Builder’s Exchange of Rochester, Rochester, MN
K. Bidders Qualifications: At the time Bidding Documents are issued, Bidders shall submit an executed copy of AIA Document A305, Contractor's Qualification Statement, latest edition.
L. Bid Security: Bid Security in the amount of five percent of the bid must accompany each bid in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders
M. Consideration of Bids:
1. Bids are required to be submitted under a condition of irrevocability for a period of 45 days after submittal.
2. Owner’s Right to Reject Bids: Owner reserves the right to waive irregularities and to reject bids. Owner may select any combination of bidder’s alternates at its discretion.
3. Each bidder agrees to waive any claim it has or may have against the Owner, the Architect and respective employees, arising out of or in connection with the administration, evaluation or recommendation of any bid.
N. Submit Bids on the Bid Form provided.
O. Examination of the Site: The premises are occupied, but the site is available for examination by Bidders and sub-bidders subject to coordination with the owner.
Bidders and sub-bidders shall contact the following individual to arrange for examination of the site: Ken Fritz – 507-457-6355.
P. Contact: Communications regarding drawings or specifications for this project shall be directed to Anthony Enright, BKV Group Architects/ Engineers, phone 612-373-9522, fax 612-339-6212 and/or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
END OF SECTION