It is the duty of the Winona County Sheriff to keep and preserve the peace of Winona County. In furtherance of this goal, the Winona County Sheriff's Office provides law enforcement coverage throughout Winona County's 625 square miles. In addition to providing law enforcement coverage, the Sheriff's Office:
- Operates and oversees the County Jail
- Maintains communication and dispatch services between the public and law enforcement, fire, and ambulance personnel
- Patrols the waterways within Winona County, including the Mississippi River
- Coordinates with Winona County Emergency Management Service
- Coordinates numerous public safety and community programs
- Oversees a dedicated staff of 76 employees and 56 volunteers
- Performs Search and Rescue operations
Permits to Carry / Permits to Purchase
Effective March 1, 2021, the Winona County Sheriff's Office will not be accepting applications for permits to carry or permits to purchase via the U.S. Mail. All applications for permits to carry and permits to purchase will have to be done in person at the LEC lobby.
No longer accepting checks for permit to carry, cash only.
For questions, please call 507-457-6368.
- How do I get a copy of a report?
- What kind of information cannot be released?
- I disagree with what the officer wrote in his report regarding a complaint. What do I do now?
- Where do I go to get a gun permit?
- How do I get a copy of my driving record?
- I need a records check for adoption/passport/visa.
- Where can I get information on mortgage foreclosures?
- How do I have papers served?
- Where can I get information on restraining orders and orders for protection?
- I received a ticket. How do I find out how much the fine is? Where do I go to pay for my ticket? Can I mail in my fine?
- Where do I go to post bail or satisfy a warrant?
- Where do I go to have my fingerprints taken?
- Where do I go about a bad check?
- What is Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE)?