LandShark Occasional Use with a Credit Card is available! Visit LandShark and click the "ABOUT" tab, then the "OCCASIONAL USER" tab for more information.
On September 27, 2011, the Winona County Board of Commissioners approved the implementation of user fees for the LandShark system. These fees will be applied to offset the costs of enhancements to the system, including the addition of land records currently not available.
LandShark is a web-based tool for research and retrieval of land record documents. With LandShark you can search Winona County's land record documents and if the document image is available on our system, you can actually view and print the document image from your own computer.
What Data & Images Can Be Accessed?
- - Abstract real estate data
- Abstract Data September 1, 1987 - Current (For verified data from 9/1/87-11/9/1995 search via the Tract tab)
- Abstract data via Tract Search tab (Tract Books) September 1979 - June 1999
- Abstract data via Grantor/Grantee Index tab 1938-1984 (see Grantor/Grantee under the About tab for more information on how to use)
- Abstract real estate images
- Document images from May 16, 1967 - present by document #
- Prior to May 16, 1967 document images are available via Vol/Page # (Book & Page)
- Torrens real estate data from September 1, 1987
- Torrens real estate document images from June 29, 1911
-Subdivision Plats (see notes in the Info Box on LandShark)
- Federal/State/County Tax liens from September 1, 1987 (images from May 16, 1967)
Torrens Certificate images are not yet available. To receive a Torrens Certificate contact the Recorder's Office . Applicable fees apply.
All recordings not available online can be accessed on public computers in our office.
Two Winona County Enhanced Remote Access Agreements must be signed, and returned with applicable fees paid before remote access service will be granted (see Purchasing LandShark Instructions (PDF) and Land Shark Remote Access Agreement (PDF)). Please contact our office if you need assistance.
Winona County's LandShark Map integrates real estate documents with a map. Residents can search for these land record documents by address, parcel ID or by simply clicking on a location on the map.
This site only identifies transfer documents. You will have the option to buy documents by linking to them via the document numbers that appear in the window following your search. If you don't already have an account set up for our LandShark system, click on the "Register" link near the bottom of the main page and follow the instructions. You will then have access to purchase documents using a credit card.