- Property Taxes
The County Auditor computes taxes according to the levies and spreads the same upon the tax rolls; figures interest and penalties on delinquent taxes; and after payment, apportions and disburses the proceeds to the various governmental subdivisions.
- Please refer to your statement stubs for due dates.
- Checks should be made payable to: Winona County Auditor-Treasurer.
- Place your check and remittance advice(s) or stubs in our drop box located on the East side of the County Office Building, near the Washington Street public entrance doors; or
- Mail your check and remittance advice(s) or stubs to:
Winona County Auditor-Treasurer
202 W Third Street
Winona, MN 55987
- You can also Pay online with a credit (2.65% convenience fee) or debit card (1.5% convenience fee) or electronic check (flat $1.50 fee.) *Note: fees are charged by the company we use to handle credit card transactions. Winona County does not charge a fee nor does it receive any of the fee amounts charged to you.
- If you wish to pay by phone, call 1-844-272-9468. Entity code is 100873. You will need your parcel ID number. (The same fees as above apply.)
- Winona County also offers automatic ACH for tax payments. This will take the funds from your chosen account on the due date. Please contact the Auditor-Treasurer's office for more information if you are interested in this option. (507)457-8830.
Need a duplicate tax statement? The last few years' statements can be found online using the instructions below:
- Click the Pay online link here or on the main page of Winona County's website. (You may get a pop up saying you are now leaving this site. That is ok. The link takes you to Winona County's Beacon page where property information is displayed.)
- From there you can find your parcel by entering the parcel/property ID (found on your tax statements formatted as xx.xxx.xxxx - enter only the numbers.) You can also search by the property address.
- Once you have found your parcel, scroll down and you will find a Tax Statement section with PDF links to the last few years of statements.