Farmers Community Park


  Farmers Community Park, a rural picnic and recreation haven between Lewiston and Winona, is a picture postcard kind of place set in a valley with a clear stream winding its way through tree covered hills on either side of the park.
  On January 31, 1925, H. C. Garvin and his wife Louise donated to the county of Winona a large tract of land for a park. Garvin was deeply interested in 4-H activities and helped many young people start their careers. Garvin also built the Women’s Lodge, a large square brick building set back at the far end of the park.
  Today the park consists of approximately 15 acres of open area along Garvin Brook and 28 acres of tree covered land on the hillsides and is a valuable location of natural communities and rare species of Winona County. There are several shelters and lodges, some of which can be reserved. Playground equipment is placed throughout the park and a softball diamond is located at the south end of the parking area.




Please take a few moments to fill out our Farmers Park Facility Reservation Survey. Your input is appreciated.
 

Facility Reservations
Reservations for the calendar year begin on January 1st of each year.

Terms & Conditions


Find The Park