|Providing quality health care and educational services to Winona County.
Call (507) 457-6400 if interested in Maternal Child Health services.
|Prenatal and Postpartum Care
A Maternal Child Health Nurse can come to your home to teach about:
- Pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Maternal mental health and postpartum feelings
- Self care and nutrition
- Breastfeeding support
- Pregnancy prevention
- Community resources
|Infant and Child Development
A Maternal Child Health Nurse can come to your home to address concerns about:
- Newborns and children
- Health, growth and development
- Infant/children’s mental health
- Community resources and referrals
- Infants/children with special health needs
|Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) Outreach
Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) are complete health screenings for children ages 0-21 years who are on Medical Assistance. C&TC screenings include:
Help with scheduling C&TC appointments,
- Height and weight • Physical exam
- Hearing and vision • Immunizations
- Development • Health information
- Nutrition • Lab tests
- Dental referral
transportation, or interpreters is available. For more information call (507) 457-6413.
|Follow Along Program
A program to follow infants and children from birth to age 3 to help parents know if their child is playing, growing, talking, moving, and acting like other children the same age. Maternal Child Health nurses make follow–up visits when concerns are noted and help with referrals to area providers. To sign up, call (507) 457-6400 or enroll on-line at www.health.state.mn.us/mnfap/.
|Child Passenger Safety
Maternal Child Health Nurses provide:
- Individual instruction on correct use and installation of child passenger safety restraints (by appointment)
- Car seat distribution program
- Training to child and foster care providers
|Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
WIC is a program that provides nutrition education and healthy foods for:
Families qualify according to income guidelines and
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have recently had a baby
- Infants—from birth to 1 year
- Children—from 1 to 5 years
nutritional need. For more information call (507) 457-6410.
Low-cost immunizations for qualifying adults and children. For eligibility guidelines or to schedule an appointment, call (507) 457-6400.
Maternal Child Health services may be covered by private insurance, Medical Assistance or grant funds. Fees may also be based on the individual’s ability to pay.